Dealing With Storm Damaged Trees
Despite the fact they’re usually taken as being really solid and permanent, trees can come to be at risk in extreme weather such as storms & strong winds. Fierce storms and very high winds have been known to annihilate trees and tear even the healthiest & sturdiest trees from the ground, sending them plunging to the ground, or onto neighbours’ gardens, power lines, vehicles, and buildings.
How many times soon after a storm have you heard about dislodged branches & storm-damaged trees blocking the road or damaging property. Apart from the danger & inconvenience it also can cause costly repairs.
The most difficult decision following a windstorm is not specifically how to deal with the trees that have definitely fallen down, that’s pretty easy. The tougher possibility is if any of the trees still upright can be saved.
Various trees that have been partly affected in the storm may well present a potential future threat and may need to be disassembled and removed to avoid putting people and property at risk in many months or even years ahead.
Some other trees can be preserved by being pruned back, with their worst damaged sections being ‘severed’ much like how a surgeon would remove a gangrenous limb. Some other might need to get staked with guy ropes or supported with additional supports up until they can re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a windstorm has caused trees to land on buildings, our tree specialists can be trusted to remove the affected trees efficiently, safely and quickly to allow the building companies easy access to the property to begin restorations on the affected structures and power cables.
Call Us Today To Get A Free No Obligation Quotation
Different Kinds Of Storm Damage
Each of these sorts of damage causes a varied prognosis for the trees’ future survival, but forming a diagnosis is a task ideally left to a fully trained arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is far more liable to miss a small detail that may separate one verdict from another, like seeing the splinters from a crown twist but missing the slight lean that suggests that the roots also failed.
There are generally 6 types of storm damage that a tree can’t usually stand up to:
- Blowovers – this is where the entire tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree cracks above the earth, causing the trees crown to fall or to sag strongly while the bottom section remains standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the root systems of the tree break underneath the earth, leading to the tree pitching or swinging considerably.
- Branch Failures – is where one or more branches of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree rotates enough to split, but stays up. This takes place most typically on trees with extremely unbalanced crowns. The entire crown essentially becomes a weathervane in a windstorm, turning to follow the wind flow in a manner in which the trunk is unable to.
- Lightening Strikes – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, for now. Lightening strikes have a many additional effects such as massive water loss and opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin, so a tree hit by lightening is typically at a substantially higher danger to drop despite the fact that it got through the original storm.
Maintaining Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree contractors will not only clear away upended trees safely and with no more damage to property, but will also can give functional suggestions on how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, although they may well have been harmed in the storm. Our highly professional crew can review the situation on your residential or commercial property and explain to you which trees have endured more than enough damage that they would die whether or not they were very carefully raised and replanted.
24 Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find your self needing a local 24-hour emergency tree surgeon then our specialist tree surgeons will be on site at the earliest possibility to analyse the problem and inform you of any remedial strategies available.
If our experts can’t immediately eliminate the tree, we will at least restore a practical level of access and return at the earliest possibility to undertake a safe and complete clearing of the fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are also applicable for any accidents such as vehicle collisions. We will additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any concealed harm and dismantle and remove the affected tree if required.
Tree Removal Service Sheffield
Even on the floor, tree surgery calls for technical skill & experience, it’s a lot more complex than just using a chainsaw to a tree. Without proper equipment, experience and competence, you should not try one’s hand at tree surgery. If the tree fell as a result of damages, there may be further real dangers of some other falling branches. Certainly never risk your own personal basic safety to remove a fallen branch, phone your local Sheffield tree surgeon professionals.
For a free quote on any sort of tree tasks contact us right now.